Working for systems change
We want to remove the systemic barriers that Disabled people experience every day - the attitudinal barriers, the physical barriers, the communication and information barriers. These are the barriers that disable us, that oppress and exclude us.
The oppression, exclusion and discrimination people with impairments face is not an inevitable consequence of having an impairment, but is caused instead by the way society is run and organised.
We work to influence people who hold power and make decisions in order to end Disabled people’s exclusion and oppression and to enjoy the same rights and opportunities as non-disabled people.
We have provided peer-led services in Lambeth since 1984.
Our current services include:
- Advocacy, both statutory and non-statutory
- Direct payments support, peer support and training for employers
- Sport and social activities for Disabled people
- Enabling members to influence and campaign on issues that are important to them
- Supporting Disabled Lambeth residents to have their say and get involved in decisions made about our borough and in local organisations
- Advice on Welfare Benefits issues (this service is currently closed while we recruit)
We are grateful to our current funders, who enable us to work with Disabled Lambeth residents.