Since 2014 we have been encouraging Disabled people to take part in sport and activities alongside non-disabled people, originally as part of an IntoSport project.
We currently work in partnership with BETTER, Disability Sports Coach, England Netball, Orchard Hill College, Pop Brixton, and Surrey Cricket Foundation.
Our IntoSport coordinator is there to support you to think about the physical activity you would like to take part in and to turn this into a reality.
Our one-to-one service includes:
- finding out about centres, clubs, classes and groups you might like to attend
- coming with you on your first visit to support you and help you speak to staff if you have problems or concerns
- helping you set personal targets and suggesting ways of achieving them
As well as supporting Disabled people to find out about and use leisure centres, community sports facilities and clubs we also organise a range of opportunities for Disabled people ourselves.
Sessions are free or affordable and include support from our IntoSport coordinator, coaches and trained volunteer mentors.
Many of these enable Disabled and non-disabled people, including family and friends, to do activities alongside each other.
Our programme includes:
- a weekly multi-sports session for Disabled people and their families and carers at Streatham Ice and Leisure Centre
- inclusive swimming sessions at Clapham Leisure Centre and Streatham Ice and Leisure Centre
- in July and August, we hold outdoor multi-sports sessions in Slade Gardens near to We are 336, between Brixton and the Oval
- weekly ice skating for Disabled people at Streatham Ice and Leisure Centre
- weekly dance sessions (Monday afternoons) at POP Brixton
- ‘Let’s Dance’ for everyone once a month and sensory dance sessions for Disabled people on the other Mondays in the month
We are offering a variety of FREE inclusive online sessions for adults.
The sessions include Let’s Move - seated and standing based exercise led by Personal Trainers (Nara / Will),
Women’s Only Boxercise led by Boxercise Instructor Nara and Dance Sessions led by Debbie (Dance Teacher).
Our sessions are adapted to meet the needs of all individuals.
See below for more details - sign up and join in!
For invitation links please contact:
Nara- Intosport Co-ordinator on 07512 566 875
or email [email protected]