Are you passionate about supporting young Disabled people to find work, develop their skills and fulfil their potential?
We are seeking to appoint a Follow on Support Coordinator to work 14 hours per week, over 2-3 days.
The project will provide support to young Disabled people to enable them to find, and remain in, work and is part of a partnership with Inclusion London and Action on Disability.
Your duties will include:
• Identifying the skills and interests of the people you are working with and using this to identify appropriate employment opportunities and engage with employers;
• Offering advice and guidance for accessible recruitment and employment and negotiating reasonable adjustments;
• Recruiting and coordinating a bank of job coaches to deliver in-work support to those graduates who gain paid employment.
You will have:
• Lived experience of an impairment;
• An understanding of the issues concerning supporting young Disabled people into employment;
• High expectations of the employment potential of young Disabled people.
Closing date: 3rd August (9am)
Interviews: w/c 10th August
dasl is an Equal Opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and particularly from Disabled people. Our office at “we are 336”, 336 Brixton Road, London SW9 7AA is fully accessible.